S t. Stephen's & St. Agnes School is a college preparatory Episcopal Church School in the Diocese of Virginia that educates boys and girls from junior kindergarten through twelfth grade. To help our students succeed in a complex and changing world, we seek to inspire a passion for learning, an enthusiasm for athletic and artistic endeavor, a striving for excellence, a celebration of diversity, and a commitment to service.
Our mission is to pursue goodness as well as knowledge and to honor the unique value of each of our members as a child of God in a caring community.
Our Strategic Plan is guided by our mission.
To achieve our mission, St. Stephen's & St. Agnes School will:
- Create a Christian environment in which each student can grow in mind, body, and spirit.
- Foster intellectual curiosity and guide students to acquire knowledge, to master skills, and to think critically, creatively, and independently.
- Actively seek students of character and ability from diverse ethnic, racial, religious, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Balance a rigorous academic curriculum with broad extracurricular programs, including the visual and performing arts in both academic and extracurricular programs.
- Afford each child the opportunity to develop his or her athletic potential and maintain a fully competitive sports program.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to boys' and girls' individual differences and needs at all stages of development.
- Develop a strong spirit of community in all who make up the school family.
- Emphasize at every grade level the importance of moral values and community service.