he strength of our faculty and staff is the cornerstone of the St. Stephen’s & St. Agnes experience. We recruit and retain a very dedicated faculty, administration, and staff who serve as educators, advisors, coaches, and mentors. They are passionate about their disciplines, responsive, highly qualified, and often nationally recognized in their fields.Service to the Profession
- Our head of school was selected to receive the Washington Post Distinguished Educational Leadership Award for private schools from among all the heads of independent schools in the D.C. area. She also received an honorary doctorate for her work in education from Virginia Theological Seminary.
- The Alexandria Education Partnership has selected 16 faculty members and one staff member for its Excellence in Education Award since the program’s founding in 1985. The award honors outstanding teachers in the City of Alexandria.
- Faculty members regularly serve on visiting committees to independent schools taking part in the accreditation process for the Virginia Association of Independent Schools.
- Several teachers have served on panels that read and evaluate applications for the National Endowment for the Humanities’ Teacher/Scholar Program.
- One of our science teachers participated in a study of coral reefs sponsored by Earthwatch Institute and was asked by the organization to come back to help teach the program.
- Other teachers have served as readers for AP exams including one of our current teachers who has served more than 15 years in this position, a position usually reserved for college professors.
- Our art teachers are juried into local and national art shows.
Search for Faculty & Staff