Students and faculty on each campus are involved in many different aspects of St. Stephen's & St. Agnes School’s sustainability efforts, from planting vegetables in the garden to participating in the all school conservation challenge.
Some campus initiatives include:
• Kinder Garden
– garden plot of native plants planted and maintained by the kindergarten classes
• Fifth Grade Sustainability Committee
– committee oversees all student-led Lower School sustainability initiatives. Middle School:
• Students Engaging in Enviornmental Dedication (SEED)
- To promote an awareness of how each member of our community can contribute to a sustainable environment and to actively motivate the fcaulty and students with projects and activities. The group also maintains a SEED garden at the Middle School campus.Upper School:
• Perkins Courtyard
- the central Upper School courtyard is an organic vegetable garden, native plant area, and spiritual, meditative space. The courtyard is planted and maintained by the Upper School students. Food harvested from the vegetable garden is served in the dining halls of all three campuses.
• Upper School Student Environmental Club