Among the many strengths that earn SSSAS its reputation, four qualities make us distinctive.
combines the resources of a large school with the intimacy of small campuses dedicated to specific needs of each age group.
provides a rigorous college preparatory program infused with a spirit of asking essential questions to create solutions for a complex and changing world.
inspires a responsibility to serve and lead in the Episcopal tradition that intentionally seeks diversity of backgrounds, perspectives and experiences.
creates a safe environment for students to unwrap their individual gifts under the guidance of highly qualified teachers who know each student.
While preparation for college
is a given at SSSAS, personal touch is a hallmark. We share a close partnership with our families- celebrating achievements and supporting each other through challenges. A culture of hard work permeates academic, artistic, and athletic endeavors. A mission-driven
purpose is balanced by a ready sense of humor and the rewards of service. The warm relationships among members of the community are highly valued and often life changing.
We encourage you to explore the many dimensions of SSSAS online and invite you to contact us
for a campus visit!
Lower School Admission Grades JK-5: 703-212-2705
Middle and Upper School Admission Grades 6-12: 703-212-2706
|Our Student Body|
Total Enrollment: 1144
Junior Kindergarten through Grade 12
Lower School Campus: 398
Middle School Campus: 290
Upper School Campus: 456
Students of Color: 26%
Grants in Aid: 21%
|Our Campuses|3 Campuses within a 1.5-Mile Radius
)Lower School: 16 AcresMiddle School: 7 AcresUpper School: 35 AcresProximity to Washington, D.C.: 6 Miles SouthBuildings: 13Classrooms: 107
- 3 Fully Equipped Campuses
- Technology: 3 state-of-the-art computer/technology labs, mobile laptop and iPad carts, SMART Boards, Apple TV, and Upper School Foreign language and math Labs
- Science Labs: 11
- Art Studios: 6
- Music Studios: 6
- The Upper School Chapel/Performing Arts Center, used by Lower, Middle, and Upper School students
- The Upper School Black Box Theater
- Fields: 9, including 4 state-of-the-art regulation turf fields
- Track: an Upper School outdoor six-lane, 400-meter all-weather
- Tennis Courts: 8
- Gymnasiums: 3 full-size gyms, 1 on each campus
- Wrestling: an Upper School wrestling room that converts to an indoor batting cage
- Fitness Center: an Upper School fully equipped weight and conditioning room
- Middle School greenhouse
- Lower School outdoor amphitheater
- Upper School organic garden